Do you do a “technical” orientation for new staff? What do you cover? Here are some thoughts toward a generic orientation you could adapt to your particular needs. Consider this as just a “top ten” list. What would you add or change?
Staff Information Technology Orientation
A few key things to help make better use of the resources available
Welcome to the world of Information Technology in ministry. If you are new, or just wanting to review technology basics, this document is a good starting point.
If you are reading this document on-line, rather than printed (why waste the paper?), remember you can search it using Ctrl+F (Command+F on a Mac). For many topics there will be corresponding items in the Staff Knowledgebase.
In a Nutshell
- Security matters
- Corporate data should be available to others
- Save early, save often
- Do you know where your documents are?
- Log out at the end of each day
- Problem reports, help requests, helping yourself
- On-site and off-site resources and access
- Good stewardship
- Standards of operation
- Bias for Chrome or Firefox; not Internet Explorer