If these things are already obvious to you, great. If they are obvious to you, but you’re not living these principles, well, time for a gut check! Don’t let yourself get stuck being non-productive or doing unwise things.
- Accountability – you need it
- A job search is hard work
- Only employed people can offer you a job. Go where employed people go
- Get comfortable meeting people. Learn to introduce yourself
- Know what you’re looking for so others can help you. If you are at all confused, others will be more confused
- Be professional. In everything
- Be approachable (and be findable!)
- Drop any hint of pride. Be willing to ask for help
Last updated: 1/13/2015
You can find all my Job-Search related articles here. Please remember, a job search is normally an ordered set of steps. If you try to skip steps, it usually doesn’t work out well.