I’m clearly a super-fan of gratitude. Making that choice to choose gratitude has been one of the most positive experiences of my life. Now that I’m on that path, I want to do more.
- I want to go out of my way to say “thank you” for a job well done, for kindness, for any small thing that represents something positive
- I want to write more notes. I’m so-so at email notes, and an occasional card. I haven’t mastered hand-written notes as recently re-shared https://tonydye.com/2023/03/hand-written-notes/ but I haven’t given up
- Overall, I want to find ways to encourage others. That sounds easy. I see others do it. I’ve got a lot still to learn here
- Finally, I want to focus on “Good Reports.” The idea of finding the positive things people are doing and focusing on them. Harder, is I want to eliminate bad reports. No matter what someone else does, no matter how bad, there is little value in telling anyone else about it. There may be a few exceptions, but not many
- Maybe, if I hear someone else giving a bad report, I want to regularly say something along the lines of “thanks, but I don’t need to hear that”
I’m wide open for ideas on how to improve in any of these!